Saturday, June 4, 2011

My Country, 'Tis of Thee

Land where my fathers died,

Land of the pilgrims' pride,

From every mountainside

Let freedom ring!

I made it home yesterday evening after about 24 hours of travel. Despite the tornado that touched down in Springfield just a day before I got here, I have had such a warm welcome home with e-mails, phone calls and visits from friends and family. The air is clean, the weather is a perfect 70 degrees and the sun is shining. My parents neighborhood was untouched by the tornado but, not everyone was so fortunate. I already went to the mall and managed to pump the American economy... just doing my service as an American.

I can't wait to see each and every one of you.

1 comment:

Betsy said...

I'm glad that you're home safe and sound! Enjoy your family! I can't wait to see Jessie and Trey!