Wednesday, April 27, 2011

To Lebanon and Back

Last week Hannah and I headed to Lebanon for a 5 day power tour. We saw 5 cities in 5 days and tons of amazing sites!
We flew into Beirut on Wednesday morning from Sharjah airport which is about 2 hours from Al Ain. We had a great time that day in Beirut just poking around the University, shops and had lunch on the water. I was able to go outside and run along the water all alone, it was gorgeous and I felt amazing!
We went to Beeka Valley to the most famous winery in Lebanon called Ksara, then off to the Roman ruins in Baalbek.
Next up was more Beirut, a night out on the town in Gemayze, with the smallest restaurant I think I have ever ate in. The next few days we crammed in Byblos, Tripoli, and the Cedars of Lebanon up in Bcharre.
Byblos
Beirut
The Cedars of Lebanon
We had a chance to stop in the village where Hannah's family is from, just a few generations back!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

The pics look great!!! I have to visit! Can't believe its going to be almost a year since we all parted ways last summer. You look like you have settled in. Hope all is well my friend