Monday, August 15, 2011

Clothes Fit For a King or a Princess

This week I went shopping with Cheryl, she is a nurse here at the hospital. We went shopping for a "local" dress aka long to the floor with long sleeves. Cheryl and her husband were invited to an Iftar dinner by one of her patients. It's a good idea when you are a guest at a local person's house to be dressed appropriately aka cover all arms and legs!
Before we went shopping Cheryl and her husband, Ty had me over for dinner. Ty was the chef that evening and I was quite impressed by his chicken stir-fry!
While we were out shopping for Cheryl I found this one super fancy dress that I couldn't resist trying on. The thing is that all the dresses for women here tend to look a bit more like you are a princess than a woman getting dressed for a dinner party. Well... did you ever think just once as a little girl that you wished you could have a dress like Princess Jasmin? Well, I did!
And in this country they essentially make princess clothes for women (just a bit, ok a lot more conservative)!
Check me out- I felt like I was wearing a princess dress!

No comments: