Saturday, August 6, 2011

We were as fast as lightning

Today was Christine's Bridal Shower in NH. The bridesmaids did a great job planning and I am so thankful that she has them around to do all the work. Her sister, Jill who is also the maid of honor, is doing a great job with all her duties as a MOH (I just wanted to use that acronym)!
To keep my mind off what I was missing out on I went ice skating. Ok, it might have helped that it was 120 degrees here and skating around a cold building sounded like an awesome idea too!

I am no pro ice skater but, as a child my dad would flood and freeze our backyard every winter that it was cold enough to. Being from MA that was pretty much every winter I can remember. We had a huge bucket of ice skates and we would invite our friends over to grab a pair of skates and hit the "ice rink" in our backyard. I felt like a pro on Saturday because I was with about 50 people mainly from India and the Phillipines and there was no need to ask- there is clearly no ice skating in those two countries!

No comments: