Saturday, February 11, 2012

The Cunning Falcons

Yesterday I joined Dave Savvas and met 3 other people at the starting line of the Wadi Bih Run- this formed our team, The Cunning Falcons for the 72 kilometer run. (Check out what Dave is doing as he raises money for CURE International)
We left the starting line at 6:30 and ran for the  next 6 hours through the mountains in Oman.
Little did I know until I arrived that I had joined a team of super-fit superstars!

 Each team of runners had a support vehicle that carried the runners who weren't running at that time and we met our team at each leg of the run to switch runners. There were 26 total legs, each of them were different distances and inclines.

We finished the total race in about 6 hours. It was a challenging run for me and inspiring to be around so many people who are in such great shape.

Shiny drove up with me the night before and Dr. Shirley met us the morning of the run. Together they were my cheerleaders! It was fun to have them there as support!

1 comment: