Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Support My Team

Remember this? That was in October when I ran a half marathon with Lauren and Lisa in Lowell, MA. Lisa tricked me and I ran my fastest time, I think it may be the fastest time I will ever run a long distance run.
When I came back a runner named Dave who is raising money for CURE International (CURE is the parent organization of Oasis Hospital where I am working) asked if I would join him and a team of runners for the "Wadi Bih Run" it's about 75km through the mountains in Northern Oman. I foolishley said yes. As I started training I realized hill training is much more vigorous than regular road running. I have been working hard for about 10 weeks and this weekend I am set to run at leat 15km through the gorgeous mountains of Oman on a 5-man team.
Dave is raising money so that children born with club foot can one day walk, run and play!
Would you support my team by giving money to Dave Savvas, our team captain who is training to ultimatley run the Gobi March in China this June? You can give to CURE by using your credit card here: https://secure.cure.org/give/gobi-march-for-cure-oasis. All money given goes directly to CURE. Dave is supporting himself and has gained sponsorship through local companies and Saucony.


My goal is to get 50 friends and family to give $20 each to raise Dave $1,000! I think we can do it!


P.S. I will update you after this weekend with some team photos!

No comments: