Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Dragon Mart

I went to Dubai on Friday with Trey and Jessie and some friends we have made here, 0r I should say I went to the Dragon Mart. This place is like all of China crammed into one mall. It's set up like the BigE, there are lots of tiny booths and they are all in their designated sections. For example all the shops that sell watches or wires or key chains, they clump in one area. It is indoors and it is air conditioned but, it was still quite warm and there were way too many people! I don't think I need to go there again. (Note: the fountain behind me and Amil in this photo has a huge dragon in the center)

But, I did get to ride in our friend's new FJ Cruiser this made for an exciting ride from Al Ain to Dubai.
The desert is really pretty, it almost looks fake when you are driving on the highway and all you can see on either side for about 40 minutes is sand dunes and sunshine.

After the Dragon Mart we made our way to Ikea and I bought a few things for my room at my apartment. So, on Saturday I moved out of Trey and Jessie's house and into my apartment. I was sad to leave the Hulsey Hotel but, my commute to work is now a total of 3 minutes. All of my things will arrive on Monday the 11th and you will see some photos of my room then!



3 comments:

Lisa said...

glad too see you are adjusting and settling down...can't wait to see pictures

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see the pics and I also love that it is called the Dragon Mart!

Unknown said...

te extrano amiga!