Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Home Alone?

Home Alone? Not quite. Trey and Jessie will be “Home for the Holidays” this Christmas and because my Thanksgiving went so well with visitors from home I have decided to stay here for Christmas. That’s not exactly how it went but, that’s my story and I am sticking to it.

I will not be Home Alone this Christmas.

When I was 14, I started what became a tradition of flying to Georgia every summer to visit my Dad’s older sister. I have almost stuck to the tradition of seeing my family from Georgia every year with just a few patchy years during college. This year my Aunt Louyse will be flying to this side of the world to spend Christmas with me! I am so excited to have family here for Christmas. I am sure there will be no snow, no need for hot chocolate and surely there will be no fireplace. It will still be Christmas without those things. We are of course, celebrating the birth of Jesus and he was born closer to this part of the world than he was to Massachusetts anyway.



3 comments:

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa said...

Hey Buddy,
Its been a while since I got an update of you.. so I just spend the last 15 minutes reading all that I missed out on. How awesome that your Thanksgiving and Christmas has worked out so wonderfully!!! Hope you are enjoying his great season! We miss you but so happy to read your blog and see how you are adjusting!
Lisa

Min said...

Thanks Lisa- we probably need to skype soon!