Saturday, December 25, 2010

If only in my dreams...

I'll be home for Christmas if only in my dreams...
Don't get excited it's only in my dreams that I am home for Christmas. It is Christmas Eve and so far I am holding quite true to most traditions we have at home. There is one exception, I went to the pool for about 2 hours today and got a little more tan... I never do that in Massachusetts! Last night we had a candlelight service at church, we always go to one at home on Christmas Eve so this one was just a night early. Today I went to the mall (there was no traffic and not too many people, Christmas is not a widely celebrated holiday here) tonight I had dinner with some wonderful people from our church at our President's house and his wife magically made Christmas in the desert feel much like New England!
This is Tabitha, Demi, Beulah and Esther 2 mother daughter sets from our church and both of the mom's work at the hospital too!
Here I am with Tesheen, Beulah and Tabitha (mother and 2 daughters) they are a great family and have been so kind to me as I have settled in here!
Lastly, I opened one present today and this was my favorite tradition growing up. We would come home from church and then mom and dad would choose one present for us to open on Christmas Eve.
The present I opened was from Christine and it was this sweatshirt:
It is the address of our old apartment where she still lives with some of our other friends- I really love it! I think I might have a new weekend uniform!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I love you and your "weekend uniform."

MERRY CHRISTMAS!