Thursday, December 23, 2010

The sun to shine by day and all the stars at night

Christmas in the desert with a twist... although the sun is shining here it has not been such beautiful weather in London where many flights stop on their way here. My Aunt Louyse who was bringing Christmas to me was scheduled to be on one of the many flights affected by the huge storm that hit London this past week.
I received an e-mail that she was in Chicago- only leg number one from Georgia to here, she wasn't going to make it here until the 24th at the earliest and she would have to stop in Jordan for a few nights. I told her to fly back home and come see me later. While I am very disappointed not to have her here it has forced me to be creative with my plans for the holiday. My first choice was to go home- that wouldn't work I don't want to spend $1,000 to be home for 5 days, second choice was to go to Afghanistan with a couple that is from there- that doesn't work they want to wait until their sister gets married in a few weeks, choice number three is what my current plans are. I am hosting Christmas Dinner at Trey and Jessie's house. I never imagined I would be hosting an entire Christmas Dinner at 24, I feel like these are things you do when you are married with kids and you are sick of driving to your parents and then your in-laws so you host the holiday yourself.
An advantage of this is that Trey and Jessie have a great kitchen outfitted with everything you could need to host, the disadvantage is that Jessie is not here. Jessie is usually the head chef in this kitchen and I am the sous chef. I have no choice but to brave it alone!
Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Jessie said...

You can do it! I'm sure it will be great. You knew the Thanksgiving recipes so well...so just make the same thing!

Jessica O'Keefe said...

Min, I know you'll do wonderful and that the day will be a blessing for all who attend! Merry Christmas!

Lauren said...

Min - you are the perfect host and you know it. Light a few candles, (as if that wasn't an option,)have a glass of wine and enjoy your XMAS feast. Love you!!!

from the middle east said...
This comment has been removed by the author.