Sunday, September 19, 2010

The desert is winning right now


So, I have always taken pride in the fact that I never get sick when I travel abroad. I have been to about 8 countries and have stayed away for up to 3 months and have never been sick. In Mexico not even Montezuma's Revenge could get me! Here in the desert the heat is winning.
I am exhausted and have a sinus infection that is making it hard to sleep. I went to the doctor today and started anti-biotics. I'm sure it will help but, the stubborn part of me hates that the desert heat is winning this battle!
Completely unrelated- this picture below is of me and Trey. I am wearing a pair of the white gloves that a lot of women here wear to protect their hands from the sun while they are driving or walking around outdoors. Being fair skinned here is considered beautiful. The white gloves are a stark contrast to the women's black abayas.


1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Ok so I read the title fast and thought this post was about dessert... then was sad to realize you aren't feeling the hottest! :o)