Thursday, September 16, 2010

Here we are in the desert

So, the title of this went from "It's getting hot in hur" to "You can't take off any clothes" (I am a woman living in a conservative culture) to it's current title because duh- I moved to the desert and what more could I expect than temperatures in the 100's. It was about 115 degrees today. It made me angry and then I met a woman who gave it to me like it is. She asked the usual "How's it going?" I said "Good" the polite good we all respond with and she was quiet and looked at me like that's it, you just moved all the way over here from America and all you got is "good". So, my jet lagged self added "It's hot, really hot" and she looked back and said "Yeah, so it is and it's not really getting better". That's the reason for my current blog title- Here we are in the desert.
I did all my HR paperwork and I am just about ready to get to crackin' at work. Sunday is orientation and Saturday I will help at a women's event for the hospital. My weekends here are Friday and Saturday- we always work on Sunday.
Tonight after work was church- it is an Anglican service. That's pretty different from what I am use to at home. It was nice though and I liked going to church with family. I'll put up some pictures tomorrow!

No comments: