Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Holding it together

Christine kindly reminded me on my way to the airport that I should "hold it together" that's just where I am at right now. I am in the airport in CT and I am taking another little piece of advice from my older brother "don't think about life and hard things on the way over, flying makes you tired" and something to the affect of, "you don't have the energy for that".

But... I am beginning this new adventure to work at Oasis Hospital in Al Ain in the UAE.
First we should go over what I am leaving behind and who I am asking to come along.

1. A job as the Development and Marketing Coordinator at Whittier Street Health Center
Not so sad to leave this behind- there were so many changes already happening that my job wasn't really the same anymore anyway.

2. My Family
Jared is my youngest brother and is a senior in high school. He is the kicker for the football team. I got to see his first game of the season. He is getting ready to apply for college and that's a HUGE decision.

My sister Jessica works in Malden one town over from where I was living and I saw her at least once a week. Her husband is in a doctoral program for Physical Therapy. (They are staying behind to anchor the family in Springfield where they own a home).
My parents are always there with arms wide open. Really, wide open arms- they let us go but, they always let us come back home.

3. Some oldies but goodies. Nina and Desiree- childhood friends who are starting families in Western MA.

4. 15 Ashland Street
This one will get a whole post on it's own later. It's a place I love that needs a lot more than just this paragraph. It's the first apartment I ever had of my own. I lived here for 2 years with roommates and they too deserve some attention on here. Lauren, Elin, Sarah, Julie and Christine more to come on them soon!

5. Monday Night Dinner and the people who attended this. You guys are free to have shephard's pie, hash and sloppy joe whenever you would like (some of the foods that were banned because I hate them)

6. Seven Mile Road Church and my Thursday night small group (some of you know this as small souls or Bible Study) long story short it was the reason I was out until midnite every Thursday.

7. College Friends- they are scattered on the North Shore and all over the country. Somehow I got to see them all before I left! Thank you for flying into Boston for a final summer weekend!

8. The only girl who can deal with me all the time- happy, sad, excited, mad and it goes on and on...
Christine- you should get to know this face, you will hear about her a ton on here. She has shown me over the 4 short years of our friendship how to be a friend. Over the past 2 months since I have decided to leave she has been no different. She made sure that as I left New England it was a true farewell!

Like my blog title implies I need all of you to read this blog and leave me comments. I need you to come to the desert with me!


6 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm coming, I'm coming!!!

Miss you already. Thursday nights just won't be the same without you.

Beth W. said...

So . . . I was reading your blog and Lucy pointed at you in the pic of you and your brother and started saying, "mi, mi." No joke.

Jessica O'Keefe said...

Hey Min! I'm already "there" with your SIL, but I think it's great that you're blogging and will be praying for a smooth transition for you!

Min said...

Thanks- pass it on to others too!

Lisa said...

Forget the dessert, everyone to Philly!!!!! SO glad I landed on your blog, can't wait to get updates!!
Lisa

virginia said...

Still say you really liked shepherds pie! Miss you bunches....Mom